Article 154: Functions and rules of procedure
1. The Council shall formulate and regulate policies in relation to matters in Part II of the Federal Legislative
List and shall exercise supervision and control over related institutions.
2. The Council shall be constituted within thirty days of the Prime Minister taking oath of office.
3. The Council shall have a permanent Secretariat and shall meet at least once in ninety days: Provided that the Prime Minister may convene a meeting on the request of a Province on an urgent matter.
4. The decisions of the Council shall be expressed in terms of the opinion of the majority.
5. Until Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) makes provision by law in this behalf, the Council may make its rules of procedure.
6. Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) in joint sit ting may from time to time by resolution issue directions through the Federal Government to the Council generally or in a particular matter to take action as Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) may deem just and proper and such directions shall be binding on the Council.
7. If the Federal Government or a Provincial Government is dissatisfied with a decision of the council, it may refer the matter to Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) in a joint sitting whose decision in this behalf shall be final.